We are committed to doing everything possible to get you approved. Understanding how the bank / credit union evaluates your credit application can help you win an approval with great terms. After all, our lenders want your business but are obligated to manage the risks in their portfolio.
Once you find the car you want, here are our recommendations:
- Make sure to fill in all the information on your credit application. The more accurate your income, employment and residential information is, the easier it will be to get you approved.
- Adding trade-in to your purchase will increase your approval chances, as it will reduce the amount of your loan. We highly recommend adding a trade-in to your purchase.
- If relevant, then adding a co-signer with a better credit score than your own would also help a lot.
- Increasing your down-payment so that you are financing a smaller portion of the car would also signal our lenders that you have “skin in the game”.
- Make sure your monthly income is higher than $1,500. You can add other income sources to increase your income.